We take a look at one of the hottest devices currently on the market and stare down the bellybutton of the Google Nexus 7. After looking at hardware software and specs its time to answer the important questions : How can this technology work for us AND what will it do to the market. A different approach at a product review this time that will surely enlighten you in some way or form. Spice it up with some great feedback from the voicemail and twitterspheres and we have another Knightwise.com podcast .. in the can.
We take a deep technical dive into the “sliders workstation” and how you can “do your computer thing” independant of hardware, operating systems and software and slide from OS to OS. We talk about hardware, browser platform, desktop productivity, communications, entertainment and storage and how to do it between all of your different devices. This is the “sliders 101” of cross platform computing.
- Operating System
- Browser platform
- Applification Software to “applify” Webapps
- Office and Wordprocessing
- Todo :
- Content Consumption
- Calibre (IOS – WIN – LIN )
- Ebook Library on Dropbox or shared partition
- Content Creation
- Hootsuite (Web based) Twitter-Facebook-Linkedin-GooglePlus
- Desktop integration
- Ubuntu : Web content integration
- Pidgin or Adium
- Google Drive
- Portable Storage
- Shared Partitions
- Central File storage (Samba – NasDrive – SSH mounts)
- Offline Life ?
- Gmail Offline Chrome extention
- Googledrive + Dropbox for offline sync
- New Google Voice number for US listeners : (218) 262-9237