In episode 2 of our “Grid” series we setup your own personal powerstation. A picture perfect hybrid of a Linux workstation and a server. Using the all new Gutsy Gibbon we cobble up our own perfect computer. At the flick of a switch you will have secure shell control, a webmin interface, an apache, mysql and PHP system and more. Be sure to check out the elaborate howto’s listed in the shownotes and make the first step in “The Grid”.
- Sponsored by “Podcastmaker” visit www.lemonzdream.com for more information.
- Introduction .. ” A busy week “
- Part one : What is a powerstation and why should we use it.
- Music : Intellect : ” A new Level ”
- Part two : Installing the powerstation.
- Feisty For the Family : The Knightwise way to install a server.
- Download your Copy of Ubuntu Server
- Installing a lamp server with screenshots
- Installing SSH : sudo apt-get install ssh openssh-server
- Downloading and installing webmin : Go HERE (scroll down a little)
- Install Ubuntu Desktop enviroment : sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop