Kc237 : "Ubuntu Linux as a Terminal Server".Jun 17
In this episode we talk about setting up your own Ubuntu Linux terminal server using free and open source technology. We take A little historical look at the age of the terminal server (or “mainframe” ) featuring Dolly Partons real boobs, 9 to 5 and 128kbites of Ram, and take you back to the modern days. We show you how to set this up in your own home. With a great crowd in the Live chatroom and some nice (live) feedback , its gonna be an awesome show.
- The history of the Terminal Server
- Dolly Parton in 9 to 5
- Setting up a Terminal Server on your Ubuntu workstation.
- Why do it ?
- How to do so using NeatX
- Nomachine Client for your clients.
- Thin client Solutions.
- Feedback : Mr and Mrs Xoke and Allison Sheridan of Podfeet.com
- UPDATE : The detailed 20 step howto on HOW to setup the terminal server is live in Docu Cast Ep 6