We all have that one special super powerfull system in the house that we know and love. With loads of memory, processor power and harddrive space. A very powerful machine thats only using a fraction of that power. How about sharing that power with other people in the house ? Or on your network ? How about turning that system into a Terminal server that can be accessed by friends or family members over your local lan or even the Internet ? How about having your own ” Graphical Ubuntu Desktop Session ” on your mac, your windows machine , or even a very light Linux machine in the house ? As mentioned in show kc0037 this is the “howto” on building your own terminal server starting out from a plain Ubuntu system. In 20 simple steps, you’ll be up and running.
- A vanilla install
- Updating and Upgrading.
- Installing the Terminal Server
- Adding Users
- Downloading and configuring the NxFree Client
- Links : Ubuntu as a terminal server (podcast episode)
- Another article on the same topic.
- Sponsored by ZOOGUE Ipad Cases. www.zoogue.com